Where I want to go in life!?


I thought my life was going to be straight forward as I had my heart set on one job, however, at the start of 2019, I change my mind on my career choice but for good reasons as I wanted a change in life and give myself a challenge...

My A-Level Choices


After I finished my GCSE's in 2017 and passing 7 out of 11 of them, I wanted to go on to an apprenticeship in engineering to get my foot in the door in wanting to becoming a train driver, However, my parents did that classic sit down and chat with me about my future and where I want to go and they thought it would be best if I stay on to sixth form for an extra two years of study which I thought was fair because if I went on to do an apprenticeship then I don't think I will be where I am today writing this blog or wanting to go down a different career path. So, after that chat, I decided to stay on at school and take Business Studies, Product Design and Construction. If I pass these subjects in May/June (fingers crossed) then I could've gone on to do architecture, Business or any type of job in the Construction industry such as Civil Manager but, all of these career paths didn't really appeal to me so I went to a couple of career fairs and workshops and found a career that would actually make me want to get up every morning and go to work for.

My First Career Choice

Since I was little, I have always been obsessed with trains. I think I inherited it from my Great Uncle as he volunteers at a railway quite close to home called The Bluebell Railway. We used to go there all the time as a family and it was a great day out! Then, I started to do my own volunteering at other miniature railways such as Swanley New Barn Railway and a few others as it was something to do in my free time and also something I actually enjoyed doing. I made so many friends and the atmosphere was incredible and then that's when I realised, I wanted to drive trains full time as my day job when I get older. Bearing in mind this was around 2016/2017, since then, i thought i had found
my career choice so, in year 12, we had to do work experience for a couple of weeks and I decided to choose Southeastern Railway Network as it is my local railway line and it would have been interesting for me to see how the service is run everyday and what it is like to be working on the railway. I found it really interesting and I got to explore the in's and out's of the railway. I even got to see how southeastern run their twitter and deal with all the angry customer from a day to day basis which was one of the best bits. Although I've changed my mind on my career, it will still be my back-up plan if all else fails.

Radio Presenter/Broadcaster

I only decided I wanted to go into the radio sector a few months ago but I had been thinking about it a lot longer and then when I finally made my choice, I went to my teacher and caused both myself and my teacher a lot of stress as it was so close to UCAS deadline day so if I wanted to go university I had to apply there and then. So I researched my other options and found other courses which will make my CV look more like I want to be in that sector. It was a big change from being a train driver and quite a weird change as they are two completely different jobs however I love music, any chance I get to listen to music, I take it. My music taste is quite broad and I am always willing to give new songs or artists a go. I like to have conversations with people and could talk all day about certain topics like what's happening in the news or something that I can relate to with someone. I also love to interview people and find out about peoples backgrounds, discover more of their personality and find out things you probably wouldn't know when having general conversations with them. I have spoken to a few career advisors and they have all told me to get work experience to know what it is like to be in that environment and see if that job is really for me so that is something I am currently looking into further detail for.

So that's where I would like my future to head but I won't find out till I get there so who knows what's going to happen between now and then, but that will be it for this weeks blog. Hope you found out a bit more about me, next weeks blog will be about concerts so stayed tuned for that. In the meantime, if you have any questions to ask me, please do get in contact with me via social media or leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can!!

Byeeee!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts