Concerts


I love a good concert! My music taste is all over the place from a bit of rock such as Bring Me The Horizon or You Me At Six to a bit of pop including Zara Larsson or Lewis Capaldi. The one thing I find better then just listening to their albums and songs is to go and listen to them live at concerts or festivals. I have been to quite a few concerts, some of which I hadn't even known the artist or their music, to knowing every single song at the concert, however, the best concerts are the ones where they play all the songs you know so you can sing and dance along too and have a good time.

A picture of Brixton on the
night of You Me At Six!!
My favourite concert venue

Has to be O2 Academy Brixton, hands down. It is one of my all time favourite concerts as it was the venue to my first concert where I was standing in the crowd quite close to the front. I love the venue as it is small which makes it feel more personal, whereas going to a concert at a place like The O2 is really cool but it's so big and most of the time you're so far away from the stage you can barely see the artists.
Brixton has a downstairs and upstairs and both provide an amazing view. In my opinion downstairs is better because you're closer to the stage and the floor is sloping so anywhere you stand, you get a decent view. My first concert there was Sam Smith when he went touring for his album In The Lonely Hour. It has to be my favourite album of his and at the time, it was the only album I was listening to and to go see him live was an incredible experience. Since then, I have seen some amazing acts there such as Years and Years, Panic! At The Disco and most recently You Me At Six which where all great concerts and would thoroughly recommend if you get a chance to go see them live or listen to their music then go because you won't be disappointed!!

My favourite concert

There have been a lot of great concerts where I have had a great experience and have loved every second but the one concert that stood out for me was Panic! At The Disco. This was their Death Of A Bachelor tour and that album is soo good, every song is upbeat and makes you want to get up and dance. This concert was at Alexandra Palace so it was a pretty good venue. If you ever get the chance to go to a Panic! tour then you won't be disappointed as they make sure everyone has a good time and play old and new songs and really get the crowd moving. One of my favourite moments of that concert was when the lead singer, Brendon Urie, did a back flip on stage during one of the songs. Now, you may be thinking, wow he can do a flip so what, but, it shows that he's enjoying himself and I haven't seen any other artist doing anything like that on stage.

My least favourite concert

Its only my least favourite because I didn't know the songs or the band that much but my least favourite concert was Sleeping With Sirens. This is only because my sister entered a competition to win tickets to see them at The Roundhouse (which is another decent venue) which she won the day before the concert so it was a bit manic. The seats were really good but the reason it was my least favourite was because I didn't really know the band or support acts so I couldn't sing along to them but I still danced and had a good time.

Concerts to look forward to...



2019 has a lot of concerts coming up, some artists I'm seeing again because their first concerts were just so good such as You Me At Six and new artists I have just discovered and look forward to seeing such as the amazingly talented Maisie Peters at Scala which is a venue I haven't been to before so I'm quite excited.

2019 is also a special year as I am going to my first festival!! I'm going to Reading and Leeds Festival in August and I'm pretty excited as I've never been before so it is going to be a new experience. I've got a day ticket for Friday, so far the lineup is looking pretty good with the likes of The 1975 and Juice WRLD. Although I'm not going for the whole weekend, I know I'll still have that festival experience!

That will be all for this blog, please share with all your pals and let me know what concerts you've been to and if you have any coming up in 2019!!

Byeeee!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts