Tom Walker!!


Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure in going to see the Scottish Legend that is Tom Walker live at Pryzm, Kingston. It was the first time seeing him live and I was so excited to hear his voice in real life. It was also in a small venue which meant the concert was going to be more personal and a great experience.

How I Discovered The legend?

I found out about Tom Walker when I heard his hit single 'Leave A light on' and had it on repeat throughout the summer holidays. I then wanted to hear more of his music as I liked it so much and listened to his other singles such as 'Blessings' and 'Just You and I'. From that moment on, I loved his music, it was different from ordinary pop and a nice change. At the moment when I discovered him, he was currently touring the UK with Maisie Peters. I wish I found out about these two amazing artist sooner and got the chance to go to this tour because it would've been an amazing concert. Since that moment, I followed him on social media's to keep up to date with his latest songs and tours and then he announced the releasing on his latest debut album 'What a Time To Be Alive'. I immediately pre-ordered the vinyl as it was signed and the colour blue which I thought was so cool so I didn't waste any time. I was so excited, being a little fanboy and commenting on his posts on Instagram and then he actually replied to one of my comments which was so cool.
Ever since then, I have just waited for him to do another concert in London where I could finally see him live. He announced he was going on an album tour in April/May however he's performing at The Roundhouse on May 1st which is on the same day as when I'm seeing Maisie Peters which is soo annoying!! To be honest, if it wasn't for Tom Walker, than I wouldn't of known Maisie but when I found out he was going on tour, I had already agreed to go and see Maisie with my pal Beth, however, Tom said at the concert that he was going to go on tour again at the end of the year so I will make sure I will be there!

The Concert


I went with my sister Kate and we managed to get near the front of the queue so we had a decent choice of where to stand. We stood at the side but it was higher than the main floor so we had a clear view of the stage. The support act came on after about half an hour and played for about half an hour. The support act was called Jack Chard. My honest opinion of him was that he was alright as it was never really my kind of music but he was fairly decent. Then the main act, Tom Walker came on stage and started with Angels which is an amazing song. The whole performance lasted roughly 45 minutes and he played tune after tune and most of the songs were from his latest album. He did one cover as well which was a nice change and was a soft change compared to his album which is mainly up beat and I forgot the name of the song but it was produced by one of his friends which was quite nice. My favourite songs of his from the album include 'My Way', 'Cry Out' and 'Blessings'. Three amazing songs that I would fully recommend as they're upbeat, quite cheerful and possibly something different to your ears. I managed to get a couple of videos and many photos of him performing which are located all over this blog, if you would like to watch part of his live performance of hit single 'Leave A Light On' then you can click this link to watch a small section of the main chorus and a guitar solo which was pretty awesome and unexpected but I good ending to a memorable concert and a great performance!! If you ever get the chance to see him live then I fully recommend you go and see him as you will not be disappointed!!

#WhatATimeToBeAlive!!

That will be it for this blog but I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you go to listen to some of his music! If you have any questions, you can always contact me via my social medias such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please like and share with all your friends and until next blog...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts