Shakka


Last Thursday, I had the pleasure in going to see Shakka Perform live at O2 Kentish Town Forum. It was incredible! He was so energetic running all over the stage and interacting with the crowd, getting them involved to sing parts of songs.

I went with my good friend Danny who only knew a couple of his songs because the person I was originally going with had to bail for personal reasons so I managed to convince him to come with me. Although knowing little about the artist, he still managed to have a good time and is now a fan of his music!


I have to be honest, I booked the tickets around November/December time and the concert wasn't until April so I had loads of time to listen to all his songs so that when I went to his concert, I could sing along to all his songs however, the time came for his concert and I had only listen to a handful but that still didn't stop me from having a great time.

I first found out about Shakka through Youtube and having some of his songs used as backing tracks for peoples videos such as The Sidemen. I Thought his music was different to anything that I was listening to at the time which I liked it so I decided to follow him on social media to find more of his music. The first song I listen to his was 'Rollin' which is a catchy upbeat song which makes you want to get up and dance along to it!


My favourite songs of his are 'Heart The Weekend' or 'No Time Ft Chunkz' just because they are so upbeat, the lyrics fit the song perfectly and they are just proper good jams. Another reason why I love 'No Time' is that they managed to create the whole song in just an hour and I watched it all happen on their Instagram live video. The way they managed to do it was just incredible and it's something no other artist has managed to pull off. Before he performed that song he said "Does anybody know a guy called Chunkz in this place" to which I cheered as loud as I could knowing that they were going to play this absolute tune!! Chunkz then came strolling out and performed just like they do on the song and made it one of my favourite moments of the night! He also brought out guests like Frisco who played his part in one of Shakka's best hits called 'Rollin' which got the crowd going crazy. Throughout the night, you could tell everyone was having a great time because everyone was dancing along to his music as well as singing to the top of their lungs. No one left the venue feeling like they didn't have a good time or Shakka didn't give 110%!


That will be it for this blog, I hope you enjoyed and if you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts