Simple Creatures


Back Story


Last Friday, I went to meet a recently new band made of two artists that have been in the music industry for ages. The band is called Simple Creatures made of, Alex Gaskarth and Mark Hoppus. Alex has been part of a band called All Time Low which is an American band that me and my sister have been fans of since one of their best albums 'Nothing Personal'. I've seen them about 4 times at multiple venues and met them once whereas, my sister has seen them at least 6 times so as you can tell, we're pretty big fans. Before doing a little EP collaboration, Mark Hoppus was part of a popular band called Blink 182 who had a few hits such as All The Small things and What's My Age Again. I really like both bands so when the two lead singers joined together to make an EP, it was pretty exciting. Their latest EP 'Strange Love' consist of six songs and I love every single one of them!! My favourite has to be Adrenaline or Drug as they are so upbeat and the two artists just sound so good together on a song.

Meeting Them

Me and my sister managed to get tickets as soon as they came out and we were so excited as we've already met Alex before at Banquet Records back in 2015 when he was there with All Time Low and nothing has really changed apart from his hair but never met Mark before which was exciting.  We got to the queue quite early so we were near the front which was decent and were only waiting an hour and a half which wasn't that bad. The event was really cool as they were handing out balloons, lollipops and a photo frame which was a nice touch. All the staff were relaxed about the event which was nice, there was one women who was asking everyone to just get one item signed and no selfies so things would move along quicker however both Alex and Mark were very chilled, took selfies, said video messages and signed whatever people wanted. I'm pretty sure I saw them sign a balloon, a Mark Hoppus POP Vinyl, All Time Low and Blink 182 albums which was nice and they made an effort to talk to people and ask them how they were and how their days have been. Me being myself just said hi to each of them and that was the end of our conversations, however, my sister wanted to know when the next tour would be and they said they're playing Download Festival but, they are in talks with another tour which would be so cool!!


I would like to say a big thank you to Alex and Mark for being so chill and producing such a good EP and I hope there's more to come!! I'd also like to say thank you to Banquet Records for hosting these events because I had a really good time and without them it wouldn't happen!! :)

That's it for this blog, if you enjoyed then please share with your pals and if you have any questions, please feel free to message me via my socials - Twitter, Insta or Facebook!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts