Crystal Palace Vs Norwich


My second official Crystal Palace football match as a fan and definitely one to remember.

My first ever Crystal Palace match was back in 2011 when I won some free tickets to see Crystal Palace face Reading back in the Championship. The game resulted in a 0-0 draw which was kind of disappointing, however for my first ever football game, I was blown away by the atmosphere created by all the fans and the football that was played was so much more intense. However, this time, I returned to Selhurst Park in the hope of a win, a few more goals, Crystal Palace did not let me down.

Game Day

Me and my mate Alex chose Norwich as it was fixture that was important for both teams. Norwich are off to a bad start to their first season back in the Premier League, beating last years champions Manchester City 3-2, however, losing to the likes of West Ham and Burnley. Crystal Palace on the other hand were doing alright after winning 1-0 at home to Aston Villa but taking a big loss to Tottenham resulting in 4-0.


Both sides had solid teams with all eyes on Norwich star man Teemu Pukki who bagged himself two goals against Manchester City and Crystal Palace key man, Wilfried Zaha who made 34 appearances last season and scoring 10 crucial goals.

Two players that stood out for me during the Crystal Palace vs Norwich game were Gary Cahill and Jeffery Schlupp. These two gave 110% throughout the game and were always thriving to get the ball back in order to create more chances and increase the scoreline. Gary Cahill was solid in defence and it showed by the game resulting in a clean sheet for Crystal Palace. Jeffery Schlupp was also outstanding because he never stood still, he was always on the move, wanting to get the ball back and create chances. In my opinion, I feel like Jeffery Schlupp is underrated because of how much effort he puts in.


Crystal Palace played really well and it showed as the game resulted in a 2-0 win for the boys. A much needed 3 points to boost them up the table to 9th. Hopefully this win will put them in the right mindset to get a win at the weekend, against West Ham. Fingers crossed for the EAGLES!

That is it for this blog, hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts