Plested - Omera


A musician who has a genuine passion for writing music and performing to his fans. Plested is one of the most down to earth artists I have ever met.

Plested started his career in music, writing songs in his spare time and then made the big decision to become a music artist in his own right. Since then he has grown in both areas in creating an album and singles. He has also had the pleasure writing music for some of the best artists including Little Mix's 'Touch" which reached No.4 in the U.K Official Charts and Lewis Capaldi's 'Hollywood' from his debut album 'Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent'. He has also written for the likes of John Newman 'Fire In Me', The Vamps 'Just My Type' and Kygo ft Miguel 'Remind Me To Forget'.


On Tuesday 22nd October, me and my friend Alex had to rush from my sisters graduation (Congratulations Kate) to Omera at London Bridge. We made it just in time to see the first support act Holly Humberstone. She was really good and talented being by herself on the stage which takes a lot of guts. She played a few songs on the guitar, one that stood out for me was 'Hit And Run' as the guitar was catchy but the lyrics were meaningful and her voice was incredible. I really enjoyed her set and look forward to seeing her grow in the future and potentially see her live again. There was another support act called Sam Johnson who was more upbeat than Holly but played a few good songs which were catchy, I really enjoyed his set!


Plested came on and Omera went crazy! For a fairly small venue, the noise made by the audience was insane. Plested put everything into his set and performed banger after banger. My favourites are 'Your Name' and 'Backup Plan' as they are upbeat and acoustic, which makes it easy to listen to. One thing I like about Phil when he performs live, he sounds exactly as he does when you listen to him on Spotify so you know what you are going to get when you go to one of his shows. The crowd got involved by singing parts of 'Either You Love Me Or You Don't' which was great fun!


After the show, he came out and spent time with his fans, saying hi, getting photos and just being really chilled. I got the chance to speak to him, this is the third time that I've met him having seen him as a support act for Maisie Peters (Blog) and then met him again at Barn On The Farm 2019 (Blog). I asked him if he was going to be at Barn On The Farm 2020 and he said hopefully, it will be great to see him live again next summer! Fingers Crossed!


If you haven't already heard his music, I really recommend him. He's so good and talented, I'll leave a link to his Spotify here so you can go check him out...

Plested - Spotify


That will be it for this blog, I hope you enjoyed! if you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)


Comments

Popular Posts