Sody - An upcoming artist you need to hear!


Sody, or her real name, Sophie Dyson is an upcoming artist that has a big future ahead. With her pop melodies being based on true life events, you really connect with her music. At the age 19, she has already toured with the likes of Tom Walker, Maisie Peters and performed at Glastonbury Festival on the BBC Introducing stage.


I first found out about Sody when she toured with Tom Walker and Maisie Peters supporting as well as Sody (A show I wish I went too). After getting into Maisie's music, I decided to listen to Sody and realised they sound very similar however, Sody has more upbeat songs but with stronger meanings. I have been following Sody for around half a year or so, not long but her music is incredible. My favourite songs of hers are 'The Bully' just because its a catchy song but the message behind it is so powerful, you hear artists say they wrote this song based on this and that, however this song truly holds a strong message and one that I can relate too after being bullied at school. My other favourite is 'Sorry' because it's upbeat song and all round bop.


On the 25th November, I was lucky enough to see Sody live at The Courtyard in London and to say it was amazing would be an understatement. It was the most intimate gig I have ever been too, everywhere you stood, you were declared a good view. She was on stage for about an hour performing her latest and greatest hits. She was joined by a drummer, pianist and even a cello player who someone thought was a giant violin? She has a stunning voice and sounds just like she does on Spotify, if you ever see her live, you won't be disappointed. She played piano for 'What We Had' which was amazing, although she messed it up, it was still nice to see her pick herself back up and not let it phase her. She also did a cover of Major Lazer's 'Lean On' which was amazing. I hope she releases a cover of it on to Youtube or Spotify soon!


After the show, everyone got the chance to meet Sody, get a picture which was really cool and great to finally meet her and say hi!


On December 6th, she releases a new EP which I can't wait for, as I just know it will be so good! Hopefully it won't be too long till she does another show but we will have to wait and see what the future holds! Go check out Sody on all platforms, especially Spotify, you won't be disappointed!

That will be it for this blog, hope you enjoyed. If you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts