OLI - Happy


This is OLI! She has just released her debut single called 'Happy' and you will love it!

Originally from London, OLI creates a sound so calming and relaxing. For me, the song reminds me of long car journeys in the summer to the beach and just enjoying life in the sun with all my friends. However, for OLI, she wrote this song for a friend who was stressing over life and said “I wrote it about a family member who was really stressed, and really overwhelmed”.  “No matter what I said to them, it didn’t matter, they were in their own little world of anxiety. And all I could offer were words of encouragement but I knew I couldn’t do any more than that.”




"And maybe you need, Happy
Why don't you hold me closely
I'll make it easy, Happy
When things go wrong, Happy
I know it's hard but, you'll see
I'll make it easy, Happy
I know you try"


Currently, this is OLI's debut single which for every artist, is their most important release as it will tell her audience who she is and what her music is like. In my opinion, I think OLI has created an amazing debut single. Happy will feature on her upcoming debut EP which is due to come out later this year with music that will blow your minds!

She has been working on the EP with hit-making producer Benny D who has had the pleasure in working with the likes of Stormzy, Boy George, Kylie, Plan B, Robbie Williams and Paloma Faith. OLI and Benny have been working on an EP full of new music and will include a track featuring Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan. OLI has also featured as a backing vocalist for Boy George on many occasions including Lee Cooper’s 2019 advert.



Some of OLI's key influences are as diverse as Sade and Dion Warwick to bands such as Stereophonics, Supergrass, Razorlight, as well as Pearl Jam and Pink Floyd.


Make sure to follow OLI on all her socials below:

That will be it for this blog, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!! If you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or even email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts