Why Stormzy Wears The Crown


On the 5th March 2017, my 15 year old dream came true when I got to meet the greatest of all time, Stormzy. Although he didn't look happy in the photo, I certainly was! I got to meet someone who I had been following for ages, rapping his songs at parties and car journeys. Back then, he did a couple of shows at the O2 Academy Brixton which sold out in seconds and I couldn't get tickets, I was so gutted. However, little did I know, a few years later, I would be seeing him perform in a venue 1/5 the size of Brixton in a little theatre in Kingston. 


He was incredible! Me and my best mate Alex got there really early and I made him wait in the queue for about an hour and a half but when we finally got in the venue and were right at the front at the barrier, I knew we were about to have one of the best concerts of our lives so far! He came on with 'Big Michael' which is one of my favourite songs from his latest album 'Heavy Is The Head'. There was so much energy in such an intimate venue! He played his best hits from the album including 'Own It', 'Crown', 'Do Better' and 'Rainfall'. He didn't have a long set but he made sure he could get as much in as possible. There were times that he was so hyped for the song that he made his DJ rewind the track to start again and get more pumped!


One thing that was really epic and unexpected is that he performed his latest song/disstrack 'Still Disappointed' which was aimed at Wiley who is another grime artist. The beat to the song is so head boppingly good and the lyrics are so fast but it gets you so hyped! This was truly a once in a lifetime concert and I will probably never get this opportunity again!


After the show had ended, Stormzy came down to the barriers to meet some of the fans that were lucky enough to get selfies, handshakes, some people were even crazy enough to ask for his sweaty towels! When he came over to where we were standing, he was trying to see everyone and I tried to get a selfie but couldn't get his attention, this was the best I got haha!


Seeing Stormzy here will probably never happen again because of how big he is and how much bigger he is growing so, to get this opportunity is just insane. For Christmas, I bought my friend Alex tickets to go see him in September at the O2 which I’m sure will be bigger and more insane but, we won’t be as close! 



Just want to say a HUGE thank you to Banquet Records for putting on these incredible shows because I have had some of the craziest moments at these concerts and it wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for them!! I will be back soon to purchase more vinyls!


That will be it for this blog, I hope you enjoyed! My next blog will be released on Friday and it's a good one so you do not want to miss it! If you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)


Comments

Popular Posts