The 1975


So, if you had read my 'Surprising My Family And Friends At Christmas' blog, then you would've known that I had got my sister and mum tickets to go see The 1975 at The O2. This was their 'Love' tour in correlation to their upcoming 4th studio album 'Notes On A Conditional Form'.

I have never been more excited to go to a concert, I ordered the tickets back in September and had to keep quiet for 4 months without saying a word. Kate has seen them multiple times, first seeing them back in 2014 at O2 Academy Brixton. My mum got into them when they released their second album 'I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It'. My sister then took my mum to see them for the tour of their second album where they played The O2.


Leading up to the concert, I had a pretty rubbish week, so I knew I was about to have a great time no matter what. For me, this was the going to be the second time seeing The 1975 live, after seeing them previously at Reading Festival 2019 and I was beyond excited.


They played a range of songs from every album and their latest singles 'The Birthday Party' and 'Me And You Together Song'. My personal favourites for the first album are 'Girls' and 'Settle Down'. From the second album, for me, it has to be 'Love Me' or 'The Sound'. Their third album I hadn't listened to much until recently but 'Sincerity Is Scary' is probably one of my all time favourites, However, I also like 'Love It If We Made It' or 'TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME'. All of their music is really listenable and kind of soft pop. Their sound is really unique and not like any other band just like their shows. They had a conveyer belt at the front like who else has one of them at a show!!


The concert exceeded expectations, it was incredible and worth every penny. They played songs that have not even been released yet such as 'Guys' which was beautiful as it was written about his band mates and you could tell, Matty (Lead Singer) wrote the song from his heart. Upon first listen, you don't realise how much of an impact their lyrics have, they cover multiple topics from love to politics to the climate.


I know I say this every concert blog however, this was truly the best concert I have ever been too... hands down. From the production, to the view and then the music, it was just perfect and I hope that this is not the last time I see them live. Now, my goal in life is to interview them as a band and I won't stop till I get there!!


That will be it for this blog, hope you enjoyed! Let me know your favourite 1975 album/song down below in the comment section! If you have any questions, please don't forget to message me via: TwitterInstagramFacebook or even email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)





Comments

Popular Posts