Making my debut for Bromley FC


I got given the chance to feature in a Charity match between Bromley FC Staff vs Bromley Fire Brigade in remembrance of ex-fire fighter Anthony Knott who sadly went missing during a night out and was then found in a river 3 weeks later. Bromley FC decided to put on a charity match against Bromley Fire Brigade to raise money for his charity.

The Match

My first proper football match, I've never played in an 11 a-side football match before so I was fairly nervous but more excited because I had visions in my head of scoring goals and playing well but, on the actual night, that didn't really go to plan.


I started on the bench for the first half which I didn't mind as it meant I could watch how people play, try and adapt to their play but that didn't really work. At the end of the first half, we were 2-1 down but we were starting to pull it back by creating more chances at goal. At half time, they decided to substitute me on to give one of the better players a rest. This was my moment, I got the opportunity to play on Bromley FC pitch, I'm going to tell my grandkids about this moment, going to add it to my Tinder bio, this is it!


I played absolutely dreadfully... They put me in left centre midfield and I didn't do much. I had few touches of the ball, made a couple of crucial passes which actually lead to a goal so I took a bit of credit for that. I made a couple of interceptions and got the ball back for our team so I was getting stuck in but, I got tackled and lost the ball a few times, ran into space but never called for it. One thing that everyone noticed is that I was chasing a middle aged man who had the ball down the wing,  I was going to tackle him but then he stopped the ball and his run and I just kept on going and had to stop but, by that point, he had passed it towards the middle and it was someone else's problem. Mugged me right off!


Throughout the match, we were doing sub on sub off's to give people rests so I played for about 25-30 minutes. We got a goal back to make it level (2-2). I decided to do a tactical change and sub myself off for someone better so we could actually have a chance of winning and believe it or not, the game finished, 4-3 to us!!


This wasn't the first match Bromley staff have played as they have faced the police who actually play in a football league, so they're half decent but, if the opportunity arises again, I'll probably just stick to watching from the stands!

That will be it for this blog!! Something a bit different but I hope you enjoyed. If you have any ideas for blogs or want to contact me, be sure to follow me on all my socials and drop me a message: TwitterInstagramFacebook or even email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)



My performance summed up in one GIF.

Comments

Popular Posts