New Music Friday!!


New Music Friday!!


I've always wanted to do this type of blog where I write about the latest music that has been released, but there's never really been a week where a few of my favourite artists have announced music. When I heard about these songs/EP's being released, it was a no brainer! Hope you enjoy the blog and let me know what you think!

Sea Girls EP - Under Exit Lights



The release of the long-awaited EP from Sea Girls is finally here! After seeing them live about at Reading Festival 2019 and watching their whole set live, I've been obsessed ever since! Their music is just so good, pumping with so much action and quality sound, I just can't stop listening. I'm so glad me and my sister decided to stumble into their tent. Their songs are just incredible because they each tell a story about past relationships or just being drunk and making mistakes, each song is a work of art!!

 Their latest EP consists of 6 songs, 3 unheard of tracks and then 3 of their latest hit singles, including 'Violet' which is one of my all time favourite songs ever! The other two hits are 'Ready For More' which was Radio 1's 'Annie Mac's Hottest Record In The World' at the start of 2020, and 'Closer' which is another banger. I gave the EP a listen this morning and its jammed packed with so much action and its tune after tune, 'Why Won't You Admit' is amazing, upbeat and just gives off so many good vibes. 

Check them out:



AJ Tracey x Aitch x Tay Keith - Rain



As soon as this collaboration was announced, my expectations were high and they have exceeded them massively. It's an absolute banger and I'm expecting it to climb the charts easily! The beat made by Tay Keith is the ultimate head bopper like the piano melody is insane and then with the beat on top, makes it out of the world. The part I find cool is the ending where the music stops, so you think it's the end, but the beat appears out of nowhere and there's a sick instrumental to end the song! The verses are super impressive how they can rap fast but their lyrics are relevant because you have some artists who rap and it makes no sense. Also check out the Music Video as it proper creative!!


Trevor Daniel - Past Life



This man is a lyrical genius! Turning his relationship situations into absolute tunes, this guy is so creative and his lyrics tell stories. After blowing up massively through a social media app called TikTok, Trevor now gets roughly 20 million monthly listeners with his most famous song, 'Falling' reaching as high as 14 in the UK Top 40 in the 12 weeks of being in the charts. This song starts off stripped back compared to his other songs with him singing over a guitar melody, then after the first chorus, the beat kicks in and the song gets even better! For me, Trevor sounds like a more pop version of Post Malone because they both sing over good beats and create hits like it's nothing! Click the link to view his official audio of his latest hit!

'I'm trying to be honest with my happiness
Don't know why I'm bad at this, uh
And I don't want to sit all in my sadness
I know it's a habit of mine'

Be sure to check him and his music out:



That will be it for this blog, I hope you enjoyed! Be sure to let me know what you think of this weeks latest releases and any other recommendations! If you haven't already, be sure to follow me on all my socials: TwitterInstagramFacebook or even email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)


Comments

Popular Posts