12 Days Of Blogmas!! Day 11: Winter Wonderland


On the eleventh day of Blogmas, TheHarviepost gave to me, my own take on Winter Wonderland in my own garden!!

It was around the beginning of November when I brought up Christmas at the dinner table, my mum turned around and said CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED. I have never been so hurt in all my life. I turned to my dad to get him to change her mind, but instead he agreed with her. Kate and I could not believe our ears, so I took it into my own hands to try and bring some Christmas spirit to the family after the awful year everyone has had, try and end the year on a higher note. So with that being said, I turned our garden into Winter Wonderland. 


This picture isn't the best but I bought lights to go around the trees in my garden and I combined two sets to make an arch over the path to give it a more magical feeling. All the lights are set on a twinkle mode to give a festive vibe. Along each side of the grotto are 4 candy canes pointing in the direction of the door and then there's 2 sets of icicle string lights to create a path from half way up the garden to the front doors of the grotto. In front of one of the doors is a light up Snowman called Simon who I saw in a shop and couldn't resist as it looked too cute!!


Moving to the inside, Kate and I bought an inflatable sofa when we were going to turn the shed into a man cave but that's currently on hold. Under the tree is a train that travels around with flashing lights and sounds. If anyone knows me, they know I love trains so having this was a no brainer haha!! 


Be sure to check out my Instagram where I've uploaded a picture of this all and give it a like ;)!!

It's a shame no one can come and visit due to the covid restrictions but I'm going to see how long I can push my parents to have it up for or at least till a few people have visited as I was meant to have friends round for secret Santa but fingers crossed things get better and we concelebrate Christmas in the new year haha!! 

See you in a couple days for the last ever Blog of Blogmas 2020!!

TheHarviePost

Comments

Popular Posts