12 Days Of Blogmas!! Day 7: Gingerbread Train


On the 7th day of Blogmas, TheHarviePost gave to me, a gingerbread train. 

When out Christmas shopping, I looked at gingerbread houses as they're something fun to do and decorate. I was looking at the selection of gingerbread sculptures and then I saw it...a gingerbread train set! Now if anyone knows me, they know I have a passion for trains so this was a no brainer, I just had to get it!! Me and Kate had the afternoon free so we thought we'd crack open the box and give it a go and this is how it went!!

To make the glue, you had to use 1 egg white and whisk till it has soft peaks and you then mix with icing sugar and then you have icing. And then the fun part...sticking the pieces together. Then you apply any of the excess icing on the outside to make it look nice and outline the features like windows and wheels. This is what it was meant to look like compared to what ours actually turned out to be.

Paul Hollywood, eat your heart out...

Expectation


Reality


I think ours is ten times better than the box. Me and Kate went for a more... well I don't even know what we were planning, think it was more just chuck it on and hope it looks alright in the end!! I used my initiative and stole some gummy bears from a haribo pack and gave the train some characteristic. Now it's almost identical to the Polar Express!! 

On the box, they sprinkled icing powder over the top for a snowy effect but by the time it came to decorating, me and Kate used all the icing sugar for the glue, so I got a box from the cupboard but midway through sprinkling, the bag split and went everywhere. So, instead of wasting an afternoon, we decided to improvise and shove it on the base and pretend it's snow!! 


See you in a couple of days for Day 8!!

TheHarviePost





Comments

Popular Posts