Life as a Harvie 2



What have I been up to??

So another week has gone and it's been quite a week to say the least. At the weekend I went to a Crystal Palace football match which was quite interesting and then on Monday I went to a concert to see You Me At Six for the third time in 3 months which is a bit obsessive but this event was the best and I'll explain why...

Crystal Palace Vs West Ham

So I feel like one of the main topics that I said I was going to cover in my blogs that I have never really covered is sport. I'm not a massive die-hard sports fan but I always like to keep up with latest scores and transfer that go on. I have been a Crystal Palace supporter for quite a long time and I discovered I wanted to be a Palace fan when I went to my first game which was when they were in the championship against Reading and I won the tickets at school. From the moment I got there to the moment I left, I had such a good time as the atmosphere was incredible and like no other atmosphere. Ever since then, I have tried to go most games especially now they are in the premier league which is the highest league in England for anyone that doesn't follow football. So last Saturday, I saw Crystal Palace vs West Ham which was a local London derby. Derby's are always the better games because the win means a lot more when they are against other local teams. I'll try not to be too biased as the game was pretty decent as both teams had their fair chances, however, the last 20 minutes, Palace dominated, they had more shots and shots on target, higher percentage of possession so it seems a shame to see the match end in a draw. I noticed during the game, Palace fought more in the last quarter after they scored an equaliser and Roy Hodgson (Manager) brought on Max Meyer who provided more creativity on the pitch and created more chances for us to win so hopefully with that performance, Roy will see that we play better with him on the pitch rather than on the bench. I have to be honest as the penalty that got rewarded to West Ham was a penalty because the goalkeeper jumped to get the ball and so did the West Ham Player which  ended up in the Palace keeper punching the opposition in the head. Apart from that, it was a decent game and the atmosphere is on another level. EAGLES!!

You Me At Six - Scala 11/02/2019

On Monday, I went Back Again to another You Me At Six concert however, this concert was different to all the other concerts I've been to as this one was in a smaller venue called Scala, which is near Kings Cross station in London. It is a tiny venue which made the concert more personal and the concert was in aid on War Child and there were multiple concerts over a couple of weeks including popular artists such as The 1975, Bring Me The Horizon and Jess Glyne. I went with one of my good friends called Oscar who I briefly mentioned last blog in the basketball section (if you don't know what I'm on about, just click this link here and it'll take you straight to it). It was his second You Me At Six concert as I introduced them to him around early early December and since then, he hasn't stopped listening to them and I think he had a good time. The setlist was very Predictable as they mainly played their latest album which they are currently touring across North America for, as well as their greatest hits such as Underdog and Straight to my Head. It was one of my favourite concerts as we were very close to the front so we had a decent view and every time me and Oscar went to a concert together, we have always been next to a mosh pit but never gotten involved as I'm too scared. It all happened at this concert as someone threw up behind us which meant no one stood behind us providing us with more room to dance whilst being aware on the vomit on the floor. There was also an argument between two people as one was throwing herself around into people and someone complaining she wanted a little more Room to Breathe. The lead singer Josh Franceschi was very chilled on stage, talking to the fans and cracking a few jokes which made it more fun and at the end of the concert in the last song, he jumped into the crowd which was pretty mental as I've never seen someone do that before and everyone rushed over to try to carry him and it was just so cool. After the concert had finished and I had gotten home and finished watching all the videos and photos I took, it had gone past 3AM and I had to get up 4 hours later for school, I needed a Miracle in the Morning to get me up but it was so worth it!!

What Am I Currently Listening To??

Although I am writing this on Friday, I haven't really listen to much new music apart from the usual Bring Me The Horizon, You Me At Six and Nina Nesbitt. One song that has stood out for me even though it was only released today is Maisie Peters new song called Stay Young. I have been a fan of Maisie for quite some time now so I was expecting myself to like it no matter what. The song is incredible. If you know me then you know this song is right up my street as it has a decent beat with a catchy tune and with Maisie singing on top of it makes it an ultimate banger! I've listened to all of her songs and this song has to be up there with one of the best songs of hers in my opinion, as well as In My Head as they are so catchy. I first found Maisie when looking at Tom Walker tickets for his tour where she was one of his support acts and remember finding her really pretty so I thought I'd give her music a listen and then got really into it. I then found out one of my friends called Beth listened to her so I messaged her asking if she wanted to see Maisie live at Scala in May and she said yes, so that is one concert I can't wait for!! One thing that Maisie does that makes her stand out as an artist is that, every post she puts up on instagram or twitter, she will take time to reply to fans comments which makes fans feel more special and appreciated. Wether she'll see this or not, I don't mind but I just think she is doing really well at the moment and hope she keeps up the good work <3!!

That will be it for this weeks blog, hope you enjoyed and please feel free to share and let me know what I can do to improve for nexts weeks blog. If you have any questions, please contact me via instagram or twitter and I'll get back to you as soon as I can but until next blog...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts