New Music Weekend!!


This type of blog is cursed!  This is the second blog where I have based it on New Music Friday however, failed releasing it on that Friday. However, this week features the highly anticipated releases from the likes of the incredibly talented Holly Humberstone, Upbeat indie stars, Vistas and the sensational Conan Gray. Hope you Enjoy!!

Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel


This girl has such a big career ahead of her, having connections with Lewis Capaldi who has already supported him on his European tour and even one night at Wembley when the original support act had to pull out. I'm such a big fan of her music after getting the link to her private soundcloud where she uploaded all her demos, she sounds soo good! I saw her live supporting Plested at Omera and she is amazing live so if you ever get the chance, do not think twice!


This is her second single to be officially released and her songs just keep getting better and better! It starts off slow but still beautiful with her singing over a piano but then as the songs starts to get into it, you start to hear this soft beat in the background which just fits the song perfectly.

Ahead of her latest release, Holly had to say this about her new song Falling Asleep At The Wheel 'The track is about losing momentum and feeling like your emotions will slowly destroy the relationship you’re in and you altogether. I think the dark, wonky sonics define who I am musically, which is why Falling Asleep At The Wheel is such a milestone track for me, and has taught me so much about myself as a musician.'



Be sure to check out all her socials below and give her a follow so you never miss a new release!



Vistas - 15 Years



An indie band that needs no introduction to the blog page. They're back with their 4th single for their upcoming debut album 'Everything Changes In The End'. The song is dedicated to the fans who have helped support them over the years. The song just fits them as music artists, the upbeat, fast paced indie sounding guitars, it's great! 

"On the inspiration behind the song, the band commented: "It’s about remembering that we cut our teeth in small basement venues playing to just a few people which slowly grew. Overall, I think its a thank you to anyone who’s a fan of our band and that we’ll always remain hugely grateful to anyone who connects in anyway to our music."



I'm actually so gutted as I was going to see them possibly 3 times this summer, once supporting Circa Waves at O2 Academy Brixton in April, In May for their headline tour at Heaven London and then quite possibly Barn On The Farm but due to the Coronavirus, I might not see them which is gutting but I know full well that the wait will be worth it. 


Be sure to check them out on all their socials below and let me know what you think of them!

Conan Gray - Wish You Were Sober


An American artist that started his career with only Garageband and a cheap microphone which was taped to a lamp. The song was called 'Idle Town' and then went viral on YouTube. He then teamed up with a producer to create his first EP, 'Sunset Season'. Since then, he has gone on to release multiple singles including a more recent one, but my personal favourite, 'Maniac'.


Conan said Wish You Were Sober was written about "Someone who would never tell me they liked me unless they were black out drunk" which is so relatable. I just love this chorus, I think it's so good the way it creates an image in your head of being at a party in his position. The lyrics are just geniusally written:

'19 but you act 25 now
Knees weak, but you talk pretty proud, wow
Ripped jeans and a cup that you just downed
Take me where the music ain't too loud

Trade drinks, but you don't even know her
Save me 'til the party is over
Kiss me in the seat of your Rover
Real sweet, but I wish you were sober'


This is apparently the 5th single he has released from his upcoming debut album, 'Kid Krow' which is potentially coming sooner than you think in the next coming days so be sure to keep an eye out for that because if it is as good as these singles, then it's going to bang! Be sure to check out his socials below:



Be sure to give these singles a listen and then let me know what you think of them by leaving a comment or message me on my socials below: TwitterInstagramFacebook or even email me at Theharviepost@gmail.com!! Until next time...

Byeeee :)

Comments

Popular Posts